Friday, November 14, 2014

Making Little Bits Roar

Making Little Bits Roar

Here at 814, we were having fun! Some other makers and I were waiting at the small computer lab but nobody came, so we just went up to 814. Up there, @Oliver Z was spamming the #LittleBits. He was putting the noise-making blocks and I was just like, wow. Some Scenario writers were assembled, and they were begging for Oliver to stop. Did he? Nope. In fact, he added more. I grabbed a starting block and started making. Dr. MC said "Make a hand buzzer, Leo can do it!" I grabbed my pieces and had a simple hand buzzer. Three minutes later there was a volume slide, an on and off button, and a toggle switch. I brought it outside and got angry looks from hardworking Scenario Writers and seventh graders. Eventually, Dr. MC told me to go back and so I went back in while Oliver was the most hated maker. The buzzers were buzzing, scenario writers were screaming, just your regular Mini-Maker Friday. I began to create V.2.0.0, I quickly took of the slide and the butten and I just kept my little on-off switch. Meanwhile, Leo and Oliver were making the loudest possible buzzer, Sharanya and Sundar were making a hand buzzer, and Katherine was doing something else. I attached my simple contraption to the battery. It sounded the same as before, but it didn't feel the same, it was lighter and it was blowing air on my face. Why? I had added a fan! I walked outside once again but a scenario writer shooed me away. I tried to add another fan but only one fan worked! I needed more power. Sundar helped me, but before we could make V.3.0.0, the bell rang. I cleaned up my pieces and left. Today was great because we were able to just play around with little bits and learn how to use them.

2 comments:

  1. Yas I am the most hated maker. You didn't even mention Leo and I creating the motion sensing super loud alarm that we put in the hallway to annoy the seventh graders. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oliver??? Most hated maker??? Get your facts straight.

    ReplyDelete