Thursday, November 20, 2014

Making Little Bits Roar MORE

If you thought the halloween hack was crazy, this week was even worse. When I popped into the room at the beginning of flex, there were a bunch of LittleBits on the table. Guess what was the most in-demand thing at the table? Of course you guessed it, it was the buzzer.
Last week, there was a lot of light-flickering as us Makers made flickering lights, fans, and more. But this week, the only thing us Makers were thinking was... BUZZERS BUZZERS I WANT ONE TO ANNOY EVERYONE
So my big goal was to make a machine to annoy everyone (will fly with the 4th graders), so I grabbed a power supply, buzzer, button, and a whole bunch of wires. My goal? To make a remote access buzzer, with one end on the Maker desk, the other end near the entrance, and so I could annoy everyone with the machine of buzzing doom. Running wires along the desk was boring, and when I finished, it didn't work! Then I discovered something called the motion sensor, which was awesome.
The buzzer was finished with a motion sensor connected to three buzzers. When anything moved, the circuit went BEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then I put in the hallway and when some seventh graders walked past, it went BEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They said to themselves, "Is it a fire alarm?"

No comments:

Post a Comment